Spicy Cauli Cous Cous
If you are looking for ways to add even more vegetables into your daily diet look no further than our spicy couscous alternative.
Is it a grain? Is it a veg? When I first served this to my family they said it was delicious before asking, 'what is it'? The texture and flavour is not obviously cauliflower. It tastes as hearty as a grain but nutritionally boosts your vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin E, potassium, zinc and carotenes.
The method of cooking this cauli is also doing you good. Pan cooking with a little oil and water retains the nutrient value. Its a win win!
1 cauliflower blended to couscous size pieces
1 onion finely diced
1 garlic clove finely sliced
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
We like it spicy:
- Fry your onion and garlic in a little olive or coconut oil.
- Once soft add your cauliflower and spice to the pan.
- Stir well over a low heat to combine all the ingredients.
- Add enough water to stop the dish from sticking and cook for 15 minutes until the cauliflower has reached the desired consistency.
- Serve straight from the pan.
Top your cauliflower couscous with the following tasty partners....
Walnuts, Chilli flakes, pine nuts, fresh coriander, flaked almonds, roasted tomato.