Healthy, crunchy snacking -Fridge Pickles
I'm a snack fiend, always grabbing something to munch on the go. I find the best way to avoid the crisp or nut cupboard is to have something equally satisfying to crunch on straight from the fridge.
Fridge pickles are simple and satisfying and ca be tailored to your particular taste.
1. Choose your raw veg and chop it (ideas: peppers, chilli, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, cucumber, carrot, spring onions)
2. Pour 1 cup of organic cider vinegar, 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of sea salt into a bowl.
3. Stir until the salt has dissolved.
4. Place any flavouring you want (if any) in the bottom of a clean jam jar. I like crushed garlic, pepper corns, turmeric, dill, mustard seeds, celery seeds)
5. put your veg on top and cover with the vinegar mix.
Seal and place in the fridge. The pickles will last for weeks. If your jar gets low you can keep adding more veg as long as your liquid covers the produce.
Crunchy, tangy, raw and satisfying snacking!