Leeks in coconut cream
This is a vegan recipe that uses coconut oil & coconut milk to make a creamy white sauce for leeks. It is quick and easy and perfect as a Christmas lunch accompaniment. We have kept the sauce virgin white but you could chop in chilli, mushroom or cubed pepper to add some extra flavour and a splash of colour.
4 leeks washed and evenly sliced.
1/2 tbsp. coconut oil.
1 tbsp. plain flour.
1 can coconut milk.
This looks like comfort food to me:
- Preheat your oven to 180 °Degrees C/Gas mark 4.
- Place your leek slices in a heatproof dish.
- Melt your coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
- Gradually add the coconut milk, stirring well the whole time over a low heat.
- Add a little water if your sauce is too thick once the coconut is finished.
- Season the sauce to taste and pour over the leeks.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the leeks are soft and beginning to brown.