Potato & Cauliflower Curry
The aroma from this potato and cauliflower curry is incredible. As it sits on the stove top simmering away the aroma brings everyone to the kitchen. Warm, spicy and super nutritious its a perfect winter warmer for the family. The prep is quick and simple but it tastes best with some cooking time. You can just soften the vegetables but I love the thickness of a tomato base sauce when its simmered for a while on the hob.
1 onion diced
1 fresh chilli
2 cloves of garlic chopped
A thumb sized piece of fresh ginger grated
Olive oil for frying
1 tsp ground cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 pepper diced
1 head of cauliflower broken into florets
4 potatoes peeled and diced
Handful of fresh coriander
2 tins of tomato
1 vegetable stock cube (made into 1/2 pint with boiling water)
Fill my kitchen with spice:
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until soft in the oil.
- Add the cumin, coriander (ground) and turmeric. Mix together and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper, potato and cauliflower. Fry for 5 minutes coating the veg.
- Add the veg stock and tomato (season to taste)
- Cook until the vegetables are soft or longer if you want to thicken and enrich the sauce. You can pop this into a slow cooker for the day if you want.
- Stir in the coriander to serve and enjoy with brown rice.