Reasons to add Kale to your trolley:
- It is high in protective phytonutrients that supports liver function, immunity, controls blood function, fat levels and helps the body release and use the energy of food.
- It promotes the health of nerves, muscles and the heart.
- Protects against high blood pressure, vascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is good for the skin and encourages wound healing.
- Helps regulate protein and fat metabolism.
- Encourages normal blood clotting and facilitates the production of haemoglobin and red blood cells.
- Research suggests that Kale offers protection against migraine, asthma and depression.
- It aids the nervous system.
Curly Kale protects
Kale contains 3 important phytochemicals: glucosinolates, bioflavonoids and sterols. These help protect the body from certain carcinogens, offering cancer fighting properties. They also help reduce oestrogen activity in the body, giving protection from oestrogen related cancers.
Bioflavonoids stimulate the immune system. They also make blood platelets less sticky helping reduce the risk of blood clots and heart disease.
Sterols influence the absorption of cholesterol from food and its metabolism.