Broccoli & sweet potato cakes
Super simple to make and bursting with the goodness of sweet potato and broccoli.
Mixing in the blended raw broccoli gives the cakes some bite and a stronger flavour. With Christmas coming up you could swop for blended Brussel sprouts it would work really well.
What isn't there to like about sweet potato? They are high in fibre and antioxidants. They also support gut and brain health. As their orange flesh suggests, they are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A, supporting vision and immunity.
Broccoli is a vitamin and mineral powerhouse including folate, potassium, manganese, iron, vitamins C and K1.
1 small onion finely chopped.
1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
3 large sweet potato's peeled and diced.
1 head of broccoli.
Olive oil for frying.
Super simple broccoli and sweet potato cakes:
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Steam the sweet potato until mashable.
- Blend the broccoli into small pieces.
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Take a piece of the mixture and form into a flat cake.
- Repeat the process until your mixture is gone.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry either side for about 7 minutes. You are looking to heat all the way through with a tasty, crispy top and bottom.