CBD Oil Guide
The depth of research into Cannabis is fascinating in so far as instead of simply looking at the plant as a whole, its many and varied components are being studied individually and then the inter relationships between those components investigated. This gives great insights into the synergies that exist between the various cannabinoids and the non cannabinoid components such as terpenes and the various cannaflavins (flavonoids). This is the basis upon which we design our cannabinoid based products, the aim being to maximize the benefits of cannabis and to integrate these benefits with other system specific botanicals.
Cannabis is a genus of flowering plant that has been the subject of intensified research over the past two decades. One area of this research has focused on CBD (cannabidiol), one of the active compounds in cannabis known collectively as cannabinoids. There are over 113 cannabinoids in cannabis including the two most talked about CBD and THC. Our CBD products are extracted from the hemp plant (cannabis sativa). Hemp naturally has very high levels of CBD and low levels of THC.
- Our cannabis plants are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or any harmful chemicals.
- Its important to note that our CBD is CO2 extracted with no solvent used in the process. Warm air passes over the flowers until the CBD oil is released.
- Our oil comes from the flowers of the plant where the compounds are at their strongest.
- Our CBD oil is blended with either coconut oil or olive oil to aid the absorption of CBD by the body.
- Our collection is both vegan and lactose friendly.
- There are no added extras in our products just CBD and olive oil or MCT oil from coconuts.
- Simple and natural botanical blends and tailored cannabinoid ratios that are unique to the CBD market.
- Our CBD collection has full lab testing and the results for each batch of oil can be accessed here.
We have put together a blog post detailing some things to look out for when buying CBD oils or capsules. It is a checklist that may prove helpful when considering what product to buy. Look for quality through evidence of testing, professional trade membership, manufacturing process and responsible practises. A company that offers excellent product and are motivated through customer care are happy to be made accountable and are transparent in their business conduct.
CBD oil is a supplement that you have to try for yourself as it works with your individual endocannabinoid system. This system is an unique as your fingerprint. Whilst others opinion can act as a guide, ultimately you will need to try CBD for yourself to gauge your dosage and how useful it might be for your particular needs. For a handy guide see our post on how CBD works inside the body.
We can answer questions directly and will guide you as best we can. If you have any questions left unanswered please email us at email@example.com
- Cannabinoids. The collective name for the group of active compounds found in the Cannabis plant.
- CBD. Short for Cannabidiol, CBD is one of the active cannabinoids found in high concentration in the hemp plant.
- THC. Short for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Considered the most psychoactive of the cannabinoids and found in high concentration in the cannabis (marijuana) plant.
- The Endocannabinoid system. Our bodies system of receptor sites and endocannabinoids (our bodies naturally occurring cannabinoids) that serve to protect and regulate physiological function. See our article explaining the endocannabinoid system and its relationship to CBD.
- Bioavailability. There is much talk about bio availability which simply means how well CBD is absorbed into body.
Believe it or not in was in the early 1960’s that cannabinoids were first identified in the cannabis plant. In our potted history of CBD we explain how an academic realized that the cannabis plant had been documented in ancient text for thousands of years as a medicine and yet nobody had thought to isolate the compounds inside the plant itself. His mission was to conduct a study that would prove useful. Little did he know how significant it would be or how difficult it became for his subsequent studies to be recognised in the medical world. All due to the stigma surrounding the plant.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of a number of compounds called cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD is found in high concentration in the hemp plant. There is growing interest and study into CBD and we expect the number of people using this plant compound to increase in the future.
Does your oil come from cannabis plants?
Yes, it comes from the flowers of the hemp plant, which is a member of the Cannabis family. CBD is found in high concentration in the hemp plant with very low levels of THC (the psychoactive compound of the cannabis plant).
Is CBD legal in the UK?
Yes, CBD is legal to sell in the UK and is currently classified as a novel food. CBD is extracted from the flowers of the hemp plant and 63 of these varieties have been approved for CBD extraction. The law outside of Europe is less clear and for that reason we do not ship our CBD collection outside the UK and Europe.
Where do you source your CBD from?
Our oils come from chemical free farms in the Netherlands and Eastern Europe. Every batch we buy is independently tested.
Are there any side effects?
There are no known documented side effects of CBD. When delivered in large doses (700mg a day) under supervision nausea, stomach upset, dry mouth and dizziness have been documented.
Can CBD get you high?
No Green Goddess CBD contains only trace amounts of THC and will not have any psychoactive effect.
How long does CBD stay in your system?
This will depend largely on variable factors. Your age, weight, gender, lifestyle and even the amount of water you drink. Experts estimate (based on small scale trials) that CBD will remain in your system for between 2-5 days.
How long does it take for CBD to take effect?
In some cases, you will take your first dose of CBD and notice a difference. Depending on your condition and sensitivity it can take 7-14 days to notice improvements.
How is your CBD Oil extracted?
By CO2 extraction which is the safest method of extracting the oil. It may be the most expensive method but it uses no solvents and retains the purity of the end product. This means you get the very best full spectrum product.
Can I take my CBD abroad?
CBD is legal in the UK and Europe but we would advise caution when travelling outside the country with your oil.
Check the laws inside the Country you are visiting. We cannot directly tell you what to do but would recommend you do not travel outside of Europe with your CBD.
Is it ok to drive when taking CBD?
Yes, it is fine to drive when adhering to the recommended dosage levels. Our CBD contains less than 0.2% THC.
Is it ok to take prescribed medication with CBD?
We would always advise that you consult with your medical practitioner before taking your oil if you are on prescription medication. At present we know that medical advice is not to take CBD when prescribed warfarin or other blood thinning medications due to possible counter indications. Please see our fact sheet about prescription medication and CBD