Broccoli & sweet potato cakes
Super simple to make and bursting with the goodness of sweet potato and broccoli. Broccoli and sweet potato cakes are a family favourite and vegan making them a versatile and tasty dinner addition. Mixing in the blended raw broccoli gives the cakes some bite and a stronger flavour. With Christmas coming up you could swop for blended Brussel sprouts it would work really well.
1 small onion finely chopped.
1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
3 large sweet potato's peeled and diced.
1 head of broccoli.
Olive oil for frying.
Super simple sweet potato cakes:
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Steam the sweet potato until mashable.
- Blend the broccoli into small pieces.
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Take a piece of the mixture and form into a flat cake.
- Repeat the process until your mixture is gone.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry either side for about 7 minutes. You are looking to heat all the way through with a tasty, crispy top and bottom.