If you love a little chocolate you must try raw chocolate. Yes it still contains the calories but it also retains the maximum goodness in the nutrients from the cacao plant. Its kind of less guilt and more goodness! Its also super simple to make all you need is raw cacao butter, raw cacao powder and a saucepan of boiling water.
We have also mastered the perfect cacao butter to powder blend. You add as much or as little sweetener as your taste requires and embellish the chocolate with your favourite selection of nuts and dried fruit.
- Take a saucepan of shallow water and bring it to the boil.
- Place a shallow dish over the top and place 100g of cacao butter inside to melt.
- Stir the butter until completely liquid and then whisk in 60g of raw cacao powder.
- Once combined add your sweetener. We used 2 tablespoons of maple syrup but you can use honey, coconut sugar or brown sugar.
- Lay out small petit four cases onto a tray.
- Pour your chocolate half way into each case.
- Decorate the top with a selection of whole nuts and dried fruit.
- We used cashew nuts, almond, pistachio, goji berries, chilli flakes and rock salt.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.