The mild, nutty taste of chickpeas make them a great snack to accompany weekend drinks. Healthier than a bowl of crisps, our spicy roasted snack feeds your body a plant based protein with fibre that actually leaves you satisfied.
Sainsburys organic carton of chickpeas costs 70p and contains:
- Vitamin B6, K, A, C and E
Our Spicy Chickpea snack:
- A great source of plant based protein for vegetarians and vegans
- A good snack for diabetics given its slow release sugar
- A snack that does make you feel fuller with its high fibre content. No more popping (them in your mouth) because you just can't stop.
- Helps balance bad LDL cholesterol.
- Contains essential vitamin and minerals.
- Provides iron for energy production and metabolism.
- Contain phytochemicals called saponins which protect against osteoporosis and minimise hot flushes in post menopausal women.
This healthy snack is really simple.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas 6)
- Drain, rinse and pat dry your chickpeas
- Put your chickpeas in a bowl and add
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
Mix well (with your hands is best) and lay the chickpeas out onto a lined baking tray as a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes before turning. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven and leaving to cool. The chickpeas will crisp on cooling. Don't leave them in the oven too long as our did start to explode!