The mild, nutty taste of chickpeas make them a great snack to accompany weekend drinks. Healthier than a bowl of crisps, our spicy roasted snack feeds your body a plant based protein with fibre that actually leaves you satisfied.
Sainsburys organic carton of chickpeas costs 70p and contains:
- Vitamin B6, K, A, C and E
Our Spicy Chickpea snack:
- A great source of plant based protein for vegetarians and vegans
- A good snack for diabetics given its slow release sugar
- A snack that does make you feel fuller with its high fibre content. No more popping (them in your mouth) because you just can't stop.
- Helps balance bad LDL cholesterol.
- Contains essential vitamin and minerals.
- Provides iron for energy production and metabolism.
- Contain phytochemicals called saponins which protect against osteoporosis and minimise hot flushes in post menopausal women.
The Soluble fibre in chick peas may support your gut health by increasing the number of healthy bacteria whilst preventing bad bacteria growth.
This healthy snack is really simple.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas 6)
- Drain, rinse and pat dry your chickpeas
- Put your chickpeas in a bowl and add
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
Mix well (with your hands is best) and lay the chickpeas out onto a lined baking tray as a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes before turning. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes before removing from the oven and leaving to cool. The chickpeas will crisp on cooling. Don't leave them in the oven too long as our did start to explode!