Raw 5 seed energy bar with Mum On The Run
When we feel fatigued (late afternoon can be a killer) the body can start to crave a sugary snack. Before you know it a couple of choccy biscuits and a sweet tea has made it to your table or desk. Chocolate from the machine is all too easy with lots of empty calories and a rollercoaster sugar spike that will have you dragging yourself to dinner time.
Our raw 5 seed energy bars will combat all that!
Super simple to make and loaded with energy giving nutrients that will see you through the slump.
The dates and seeds will give you a blast of fibre, Vitamin B12, B6, E, B1, omega 3, selenium, iron, magnesium, zinc and protein.
The addition of our Mum On The Run blend ups the energy and mood boosting properties keeping you focussed on challenging days.
The following quantities makes 15 large bars so freeze for up to 3 months and defrost in your bag ready for the afternoon.
4 tbsp. chia seeds
125g pumpkin seeds
70g sesame seeds
50g flax seeds
50g sunflower seeds
70g desiccated coconut
20 soft dates (soak them in water overnight if they are not that soft)
4 tbsp. coconut oil
5 tbsp. of Mum On The Run
Make me some nutritious energy bars:
1. Blend the seeds together leaving a little texture for a nice bite.
2. Remove the seeds from the blender and place in a bowl.
3. Blend the dates, coconut oil, Mum on the run and desiccated coconut to a smooth paste (add a little water if necessary).
4. Mix together the paste and your seeds.
5. Press the mixture into a shallow baking tray and refrigerate until firm.
6. Cut into bars or smaller bites and keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or freeze a batch to defrost when you need them.