Green peas protein bites
High in protein, tasty and can be eaten raw or cooked. Green peas protein bites are delicious as a snack or added to your main meal with a salad or veg.
You will find Edamame beans in the freezer section of the supermarket. I hadn't used them before but will definitely be incorporating them into my diet. They have a nutty flavour and are high in protein and amino acids. Sweet peas combine beautifully into the dish and boost your phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
Fry these bites in a little olive oil, coconut oil, oven bake or eat raw from the fridge. They are a brilliant lunch box dish and combine well with seasonal leaves as a nutritious protein for vegans and vegetarians.
175g frozen peas
175g edamame beans
50g rolled oats
3 tbsp. nut butter
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
I love the green protein:
- Blanch the peas and beans in lightly salted water until just tender.
- Allow to cool slightly before draining and putting into a food processor.
- Add the oats, nut butter, chia seeds and green peas powder.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and blend together until a dough consistency.
- Tip into a bowl and season to taste.
- Roll into balls and fry in a little coconut oil, oven bake or store in the fridge for raw snacking.