Pan bread is a quick and easy way to make an accompaniment to dips, soup or a salad. Only 3 ingredients using wholemeal flour, its a simple bread recipe with no preservatives.
You can add seeds, herbs or ground spices to your bread mix for an amazing array of flavour. Our 3 doughs pictured contain caraway seeds, turmeric and cumin and rosemary.
Heating the bread without oil gives a lovely flatbread flavour with a crunchy top.
250g wholewheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
Rosemary, turmeric & caraway seeds (in our 3 flavours)
Show me easy bread without the baking:
- Mix the baking powder and flour together in a bowl.
- Add any herbs, seeds or powders.
- Add enough water to form a smooth dough.
- Break the dough into smaller rounds and roll flat (about 15cm)
- Heat a heavy pan on the hob and fry each side for 2 minutes until brown (no oil is needed).