Nutritious & Delicious Raw Brownies
200g of dates – These provide the rich, sweetness and brownie goo in a whole food
500g of whole nuts shelled and ground – Experiment with your favourite flavours. We love almond, pistachio. brazil, walnuts.
200g of cocoa powder
50g of Cacao nibs – The superfood essential for a sweet treat. High in minerals & antioxidants.
1 tbsp. of Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Maca powder or Bee pollen
1 tbsp. of organic honey (for children or those who need to sweeten the Cacao nibs further)
How to create the brownie
- Take your nuts and grind them. You can make them as chunky or as fine as you wish. Use a hand blender or food processor.
- Add the pitted dates a few at a time and pulse them into the nuts (you may need to scrape them from the sides from time to time.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix together
- Tip the gooey mixture into a large bowl and mix in the coconut oil, cacao nibs, Maca powder and honey.
- Empty the mixture into a lined tin, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning you will have a solid but sticky brownie with a rich chocolatey flavour full of nutritious and natural ingredients.
We have tested these with sweet toothed guinea pigs, those that love the bitter flavour of raw cacao and our little tribe. The results were as follows
For the sweet toothed – Add a good quality organic honey to the mix before placing in the tin. We found that the bitter dark chocolate bite of the Cacao nibs did not satisfy on the sweetness scale.
For the kids – Again add honey to the mix and grind the nuts a little finer. Our 15 year old made them for a school snack and the feedback was very good!
For Dark chocolate lovers – You will not need to add the honey for a satisfying treat
Adding either Maca Powder or Bee Pollen provides an overall nutrition boost. If you are a die-hard boot camp fan or love to exercise hard these brownies with their superfood boost are a great energy restorer after a workout.