Simple, nourishing & warming lentil soup with green beans and courgettes. I don't like shop bought soup it overpowers you with powdered garlic that usually sticks around for the rest of the day. The thing is, homemade soup is so easy and can be put together with vegetables lurking around in the fridge. Make sure you have some veg stock in the cupboard and you are always about 20 minutes from a hearty and satisfying meal. Low fat and high in nutrients soup is top of my agenda in the winter months. It also freezes really well so have a soup making afternoon and stock up on a couple of weeks worth of healthy lunch.
1 small onion chopped.
1 garlic clove finely chopped.
1 veg stock cube.
150g red lentils rinsed.
2 courgette chopped.
1 packet of green beans chopped.
Easy peasy lentil soup.
- Fry the garlic and onions in a little oil in a pan until soft.
- Add the courgettes and beans and continue to fry for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve your veg stock in a pint of boiling water.
- Add the stock and lentils to the pan and bring to the boil over a low heat. Season as necessary.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- You will need to add more water as the lentils begin to suck up the moisture.
- Blend when cooked (investing in a hand blender is worthwhile as you can keep everything in the pan).
- Serve with crusty bread.
The key to a tasty pumpkin soup is to roast the pumpkin. Popping wedges of pumpkin in the oven with a drizzle of oil ...
Best raw chocolate recipe
We have been experimenting with the perfect raw chocolate recipe.For those of you new to the concept of raw chocolate...
Potato & Cauliflower Curry
The aroma from this potato and cauliflower curry is incredible. As it sits on the stove top simmering away the aroma ...