- Protein helps you feel fuller for longer. This proves an ally for those looking to lose a few pounds or maintain a healthy weight. In studies increasing protein intake from 15% to 30% of total calorie intake resulted in overweight Women eating over 400 less calories per day.
- Protein supports muscle mass helping you build strength and reduce muscle loss during a weight loss plan.
- Eating more protein has been proven to improve bone density during the ageing process resulting in lower risk of osteoporosis and fracture.
- A higher protein diet has been proven to boost your metabolism.
- Studies have shown that protein can reduce cravings food cravings resulting in less snacking. Top up with protein for breakfast and bypass the mid morning biscuit run!
A great protein rich start to the day can come from a warming porridge. Its quick and easy to make with no excuse that you don't have time to make anything to eat before starting the day.
30g porridge oats
1 tsp chia seeds
170ml Milk (skimmed, almond, hemp)
1 tsp Gym bunny
1 tsp peanut butter
Make me a quick, protein packed porridge:
Mix the oats and chia seeds together in a bowl.
Add 170ml of milk.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Remove and sprinkle over your Gym bunny.
Place a tsp of peanut butter on top and enjoy.