If you fancy something sweet with an afternoon cuppa try our date and nut slice. The consistency is slightly sticky with a sweet taste that tastes great from the fridge with a hot drink. The combination of nuts, dates and Mum on the run gives you an energy boost with protein, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, Vitamin B6, B3, B2, B1, folate, Vitamin E, Vitamin A and the list goes on. If you want a drier texture reduce the amount of dates you use and increase the desiccated coconut.
40g Mum On The Run
30g desiccated coconut
1-2 tbsp. water
Give me that sweet sticky slice:
- Begin by processing the almond and cashew nuts in a blender.
- Add the dates, desiccated coconut, mum on the run and 1 tbsp. of water.
- Blend together and add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Grease or line a deep rectangular tin.
- Press the mixture inside.
- Place in the fridge for an hour before slicing into bars.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.