Buckwheat gives a firm texture and great nutty taste to your pancakes. By adding a ripe banana to the batter you get a sweet, moist texture that is perfectly complimented by walnuts and a squeeze of honey.
Buckwheat is a high fibre and protein alternative to white flour. It also has more vitamins and minerals so a healthier choice all round.
Buckwheat is also gluten free for anyone that has to avoid wheat.
100g of buckwheat flour
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 banana, very ripe, chopped into small pieces
Knob of butter for frying
200ml of whole milk
Make me some pancakes.
- Mix the buckwheat flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk in the egg and milk.
- Mix in the ripe banana copped into smallish pieces.
- Melt a little butter in the frying pan and pour in a tablespoon of batter.
- Cook for minutes on each side
- Place on a plate and top with a drizzle of honey and scattering of chopped walnuts.