I love banana bread, my children love banana bread, who doesn't love banana bread? Its not only a fantastic way to use over ripe bananas but if you substitute some of the less 'healthy' ingredients such as butter and white flour with spelt and coconut oil it increases the nutritional value. Natural sugars such as dates will also add fibre, B6, potassium and magnesium.
Easy to make and perfect with an afternoon cuppa!
3 ripe bananas
60ml olive oil or melted coconut oil
8 pitted dates chopped
130g spelt flour
65g desiccated coconut
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp baking powder
Bring me that banana bread:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Mash your banana in a bowl
- Beat in your eggs, dates, melted coconut oil and baking powder.
- Fold in the flour and desiccated coconut.
- Pour the batter into a lined or greased loaf tin.
- Cook your bread for about 45 minutes, checking that its cooked by inserting a knife in the centre and it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing